Sunday, July 21, 2013

♥The Bluegrass Harlot♥

..out came a woman dressed as a prostitute...with persuasive
words she led him astray...he followed her like an ox going to the slaughter.
Proverbs 7:10;21-22
{Gallery Post}



“Come over here”
  She said to him
  As the banjo music rang 

 
Three part harmony
Was heard
As old Ralph Stanley sang 
 
The room it smelled
Of cheap perfume
Unfiltered Camel smoke 
 
She grabbed him
By his striped neck tie
He thought that he would choke 
 
She pulled him down
Upon her breasts
He felt his urges rage 
 
Her red lipstick
Her coal black hair
Her face, its weathered age 
 
She said
“It’s now or never
 Come take me I am yours” 
 
 
But when
The bluegrass music stopped
He bolted out the door 
 
“This isn’t right and I must go”
  She heard him holler
 “HECK” 
 
“It’s time for me
  to take the stage..
  I bet you give rain checks!”


by theresa arnold


No comments:

Post a Comment